When Does the Program Begin?
The Robert Noyce Program was awarded January 1, 2007, and will expire December 31, 2010. The deadline for Fall semester applications is April 1 and the deadline for Spring Semester is October 1.
Who Can Apply?
- Undergraduate rising seniors or seniors pursuing a BS degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) major (STEM senior track).
- Professionals already holding a BS, BS/MS, MS, or PhD degree in a STEM discipline (STEM Professional Track).
What is Required of the CAU Robert Noyce Scholars?
- Participation in an interview with CAU Robert Noyce Project staff.
- Participate in all activities of the CAU Mathematics Scholars Program for Teachers, such as advisement, workshops, seminars, mentorship program, and follow-up programs.
- Maintain at least a cumulative GPA of 3.00 throughout matriculation in the program.
- Complete the baccalaureate degree in a STEM area and the Master of Arts in Teaching Secondary Mathematics degree program (for STEM Seniors).
- Sign a contract agreeing to the conditions of the CAU Robert Noyce Scholarship Program.
- Provide the Project staff with employment and contact information throughout the period of teaching obligation.